Overview of Episode 07: Interview with Yunzhe Zhou - Reinventing Yourself by Building Self-Trust
- How Yunzhe transitioned from leading an introverted life to leading a bold life.
- How Yunzhe reinvented herself through a Personal MBA.
- Taking results out of the picture to focus on learning about yourself.
- How Yunzhe’s business grew by narrowing down who she serves.
- Building up trust in yourself step by step.
- Trusting in the universe and reframing challenges.
- The three practical things to keep in mind if you’re planning a career move.
- A powerful reframe for everyone feeling shame about past mistakes and missteps.
“You can have a creative career, and you can be successful at it, and you can make a living from it.” —Yunzhe Zhao
“We are capable of so many things, even if we don’t have the experience or the credentials” —Yunzhe Zhou
“Growing up I was always looking outside for validation, for feedback, whether I was doing something right or not…so I didn’t really learn to start thinking for myself until I started experimenting with side projects.” —Yunzhe Zhou
“Challenges happen for me, instead of to me, and I can grow in that way.” —Yunzhe Zhou
“When I gave myself a month to do something and set a small goal and followed through with it, that was one of those…aha moments.” —Yunzhe Zhou
“The more you go outside your comfort zone the bigger leaps you can take, and from the outside it looks like you’re taking a really big leap but it’s really just you building up on that step by step.” —Yunzhe Zhou
“This creative journey doesn’t have to be alone. You don’t have to be the artist who is always in the dark, working by yourself – it doesn’t have to be that way. You can totally change the narrative about that.” —Yunzhe Zhou
“The past is perfection, and you can’t go wrong.” —Yunzhe Zhou
This episode sponsored by:
Build Trust by Channeling Your Charisma – The Remote Edition
“People do business with people they know, like, and trust.” So how do you get people to like, know, and trust you, especially when working remote?
Build Trust by Channeling Your Charisma: The Remote Edition is a free practical guide to help you better build trust and rapport in your remote interactions.
Small Sprints and Experiments – RickKitagawa.com
[…] Yunzhe Zhao reinvented her life through month-long sprints, but the thing is that you don’t even need to commit to something for a month. […]